- To Apply, contact the American Legion Auxilliary
- The extent of WWIG’s support for Badger Girls State may vary year to year depending on funding availability.
- WWIG shall fund scholarships for attendance at Badger Girls State for high school girls without access to other funding to attend.
- WWIG shall offer a scholarship to attend a Wisconsin university, college, or technical school to the winner of the Badger Girls State “Governor” election. The scholarship shall normally not exceed $1,000.
- WWIG shall notify the winner of the conditions of the scholarship in a timely manner.
- In order to receive this scholarship, the winner must enroll in a Wisconsin school immediately upon graduation from high school. If this condition cannot be met, an appeal may be made to the WWIG Board.
- If the winner of the Badger Girls State Governor election does not attend a Wisconsin school, WWIG is not obligated to provide a scholarship for that year.
2016 Badger Girls State Recipients
The following four girls received delegate scholarships to attend the 2016 Badger Girls State, which is kicking off June 19-24, 2016
- Abigail Ferge, Abundant Life Christian HS
- Schuylar Davids, Bowler HS
- Emily Schmitt, Eau Claire North HS
- Maddlyn Haller, New Auburn HS